There are a million reasons why I love you but there are a few really amazing ones of why we work.
Recently Andrew & I have been doing a scripture study through the book of Genesis and these verses really stood out to me.
Then the Lord God said, “It is not good for the man to be alone; I will make him a helper [o]suitable for him.”1 Out of the ground the Lord God formed every beast of the field and every bird of the [p]sky, and brought them to the man to see what he would call them; and whatever the man called a living creature, that was its name.2 The man gave names to all the cattle, and to the birds of the [q]sky, and to every beast of the field, but for [r]Adam there was not found a helper [s]suitable for him.2 So the Lord God caused a deep sleep to fall upon the man, and he slept; then He took one of his ribs and closed up the flesh at that place. 2 The Lord God [t]fashioned into a woman the rib which He had taken from the man, and brought her to the man.23 The man said,
-Genesis 2: 18-23
I had read these dozens of times before. You know, Genesis being the first book and all. And I always understood it. But never before than in this season of life had it really HIT me. Man and woman. Created for and from each other. While I didn’t literally come from Andrew, God saw fit to create me specifically FOR Andrew. How do I know? We work. And we work so well. We aren’t necessarily opposites but I will say we have more different than we do alike, perfectly contrasting to fill in the blanks that the other is missing.
1. You are patient and I am not. And I’m so thankful for that. When I’m frazzled and about ready to throw in the towel you come in behind me and calm my soul and steady my resolve.
2. You are rational and I am not. It drives me crazy sometimes but you have kept us more stable than I could’ve ever even realized we needed.
3. You are discerning. You get what I dont, and while frustrating as all get out when I dont understand something I love that I can turn to you to gently explain something to me.
4. You have self discipline. Let’s be real…we would be broke if it weren’t for you restraining us when needed and motivating me to make healthy and necessarily hard choices and habits.
5. You are kind. You naturally see the best in people. When my pessimistic self is down and out, you encourage me to see the light, the good, the silver lining, – you encourage me to see the beauty.
6. You are practical. When my head is in the clouds dreaming away, you lovingly keep us grounded.
7. You feel things deeply. This is one of the few personality traits we have in common and I love it. I love that you get just as passionate about things as I do and that you love with your whole heart. Nothing every gets done halfway. It’s all or nothing with you.
8. You are affectionate. With one of my main love languages being physical touch – I love that you make the effort to be near me. Whether it’s a hand on my knee or snuggles after a long day, it’s my favorite place to be. I love seeing it with our kids too – when they fall asleep on you and you hold them close, comforting them and kissing every single one of Rory’s ouchies.
9. You are humble. If there’s one thing I can say it’s that you always try. You’re not always perfect you don’t always get it exactly right but you do try and I love that when I tell you something that’s wrong or that’s bothering me you make an offer. You never just let things fly you’re always striving for better and better.
10. You are faithful and not just to me but to our family and to God. You always put us first, you always consider our feelings, and how your actions will affect us. I love love love love how you love us.
Friends & lovers – I wanna challenge you to make a list. So often we forget to praise our partners. I know I do! I just assume he knows. But love is intentional and we want to be intentionally striving to make sure the other person is valued and adored. SO! Take some time today, & make a list of all the things you love about them. And then over the next few weeks find ways to show and express that love. Because really…I think we could all use a little more love.
If you love this post, share the love! SHARE or LIKE this blog post to help us continue to photograph other awesome people like you! Email us to book!
Andrew & Tianna Photography | Hampton Roads, Virginia Beach, Norfolk, Richmond & Washington DC Engagement, Anniversary, & Wedding Photographers